Novatek winter 100 is a dry season concentrate aimed at minimizing weight loss of grazing cattle throughout the dry season. It stimulates rumen microbial action by supplying mainly protein and energy as well as all essential minerals and vitamins.
It is important to salt saturate cattle who are going to receive the salt restricted licks on an ad lib (free choice) basis. Supply salt continuously for at least 7 days before allowing them free access to the lick. Where animals are kraaled during the night time, feed the maintenance feed in the late afternoon and not in the morning. Also ensure enough trough space when feeding the winter feed.
This farm feed contains NPN (non-protein nitrogen) sources and must therefore be fed strictly according to instructions for use.
- Vinegar is an effective remedy against NPN poisoning. Mix it with an equal amount of water and dose half a bottle per calf or large sheep or 2 - 4 bottles per herd of cattle. (1 bottle = 750mls).
- Protect this farm feed from rain, NPN is soluble and animals drinking such a solution could be poisoned.
- Do not feed this farm feed indiscriminately with other NPN containing farm feeds, consult an animal nutritionist.
- Mix this concentrate thoroughly with the prescribed ingredients.
- Prevent gluttonous eating by hungry animals.
Although all measures have been taken to ensure the safety regarding the use of this product. Novatek animal feeds cannot be held liable for any losses which may occur through the use of this product.