The novatek sheep mix is a dry season concentrate aimed at maintaining body weight through out the dry season. It stimulates rumen microbial action by supplying mainly protein and energy as well as all essential minerals and vitamins. It also ensure proper udder development in pregnant ewes.
Ensure enough trough space when feeding the maintenance/production feed as there is not enough salt to limit intake. Do not feed more than the prescribed amount per head per day as this product contains urea and can cause poisoning. When supplying the salt restricted lick introduce it to animals by supplying only according to recommended daily allowance for the first 7 days where after it can be supplied ad lib. The salt will limit the intake and animals should only take what they need, thus making it a very safe supplement.
This farm feed contains NPN (non-protein nitrogen) sources and must therefore be fed strictly according to instructions for use.
- Vinegar is an effective remedy against NPN poisoning. Mix it with an equal amount of water and dose half a bottle per calf or large sheep or 2 - 4 bottles per herd of cattle. (1 bottle = 750mls).
- Protect this farm feed from rain, NPN is soluble and animals drinking such a solution could be poisoned.
- Do not feed this farm feed indiscriminately with other NPN containing farm feeds, consult an animal nutritionist.
- Mix this concentrate thoroughly with the prescribed ingredients.
- Prevent gluttonous eating by hungry animals.
Although all measures have been taken to ensure the safety regarding the use of this product. Novatek animal feeds cannot be held liable for any losses which may occur through the use of this product.